- This page is about the remake. For the original film, see Carnival of Souls (1962).
Carnival of Souls, also billed in full as Wes Craven Presents 'Carnival of Souls', is a 1998 horror film. The film is a remake of Herk Harvey's 1962 horror film Carnival of Souls. The remake was directed by Adam Grossman and Ian Kessner and stars Bobbie Phillips and comedian Larry Miller. Tagline: Enter at your own risk! Enter if you dare.
Although this film is a remake of 1962's Carnival of Souls, it bears little resemblance to the original aside from the ending. This film centers on Alex Grant (Bobbie Phillips) who witnesses her mother's rape and murder by a carnival clown named Louis Seagram (Larry Miller) on January 24, 1977. Twenty years later, Alex fears for her life, worrying that Louis might come after her and her younger sister. One day Louis returns after being released from prison for murdering Alex's mother and tries to kill Alex. Alex drives the car that she and Louis are in into the river, then she begins to have hallucinations, she begins to lose her mind as Alex is now plagued by nightmarish visions of Louis Seagram and the same carnival where she met him. Alex is then drawn into a ghoulish and deadly game of cat and mouse with Seagram at the carnival.
- Bobbie Phillips - Alex Grant
- Shawnee Smith - Sandra Grant
- Larry Miller - Louis Seagram
- Paul Johansson - Michael
- Cleavant Derricks - Sid
- Henry G. Sanders - Officer Soby
- Brendan Dillon - Henry
- Anna K. McKown - Elaine
- Raquel Beaudene -Young Alex
- Tiffanie Ann Taylor - Young Sandra
- Joseph S. Griffo - Photographer
- Robert LaSardo - Candyman
- Mark Paskell - Clown
- Ellen Albertini Dow - Mrs. Meltzer
- Andrew Craig - Worker
Carnival of Souls was released on August 21, 1998. It is not known in how many screens, or how much money it made, but its theatrical run was so little, that it eventually came direct-to-video in the United States and other territories, resulting in a box office flop.
Carnival of Souls received negative reviews from critics, it holds a 20% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Carnival of Souls (1998) at the Internet Movie Database
- Carnival of Souls (1998) at AllMovie
- Carnival of Souls (1998) at Rotten Tomatoes
- Carnival of Souls (1998 film) at Wikipedia
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Carnival of Souls (1998 film). The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|
As with Horror Film Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.