- This page is about the original film. For the remake, see Thirteen Ghosts.
13 Ghosts is a 1960 American horror film directed by William Castle and written by Robb White. The film is about a family who inherits what proves to be a haunted house, but a special pair of goggles allows them to see their ghostly tormentors.
Occultist uncle Dr. Plato Zorba wills a large, creepy estate to his money-strapped nephew Cyrus Zorba and his family. Their new furnished residence comes complete with a spooky housekeeper, Elaine, plus a fortune in buried treasure and 12 horrifying ghosts. His family soon discovers that these spirits include a decapitated man, a fully grown lion, a wailing lady and a flaming skeleton, who are held captive in the eerie house and must find an unlucky thirteenth ghost to free them. Dr. Zorba leaves a set of special goggles, the only way of seeing the ghosts. However, there is someone in the house who is also looking for the money and is willing to kill for it.
- Charles Herbert as Buck Zorba
- Donald Woods as Cyrus Zorba
- Jo Morrow as Medea Zorba
- Rosemary DeCamp as Hilda Zorba
- Martin Milner as Benjamen Rush
- Margaret Hamilton as Elaine Zacharides
- John van Dreelen as Van Allen