The plot of is this film is incomplete and needs more details. Please help us improve.
20 Million Miles to Earth (a.k.a The Beast from Space) is a 1957 American black-and-white science fiction monster film produed by Charles H. Schneer Morningside Productions for Columbia Pictures, directed by Nathan H. Juran, that stars William Hopper, Joan Taylor, and Frank Puglia. The screenplay was written by Bob Williams and Christopher Knopf from an original treatment by Charlotte Knight.
As with several other Schneer-Columbia collaborations, the film was developed to showcase the stop-motion animation of Ray Harrhausen.
The first U.S. spaceship to Venus crash-lands off the coast of Sicily on its return trip. A dangerous, lizard-like creature comes it and quickly gigantic.
- William Hopper as Robert Calder
- Joan Taylor as Marisa Leonardo
- Frank Puglia as Dr. Leonardo
- John Zaremba as Dr. Judson Uhl
- Thomas Browne Henry as Maj. Gen. A.D. Mclntosh
- Tito Vuolo as Police Commissioner Unte
- Jan Arvan as Contino
- Arthur Space as Dr. Sharman
- Bart Braverman as Pepo
- Ray Harryhausen as camo (uncredited)