Deep Blue Sea 3 is a 2020 American science fiction horror film directed by John Pogue. It is a stand-alone followup in the Deep Blue Sea franchise, following the 2018 film Deep Blue Sea 2, and stars Tania Raymonde, Nathaniel Buzolic, Emerson Brooks, Bren Foster and Reina Aoi.
The film was released directly to digital streaming on July 28, 2020, with a Blu-ray and DVD release following on August 25, 2020.
In the United Kingdom, the film will release on DVD one day before, on August 24, 2020.
Emma Collins, an eminent marine biologist, and her crew have set up a mid-ocean laboratory over a sunken island town in the ocean where they are observing the first known Great White mating area. Unfortunately, the enhanced Bull Sharks that escaped in Deep Blue Sea 2 are also there with their own evolutionary goal: cross-breeding with the bigger faster Great Whites. The mission’s patron, Richard Lowell, believes that the Bull Sharks contain the key to intelligence enhancement, which he secretly intends to sell for big profits. Now, Emma and her crew are trapped on crumbling stilt houses mere feet over the ocean, caught between predators above and below the water.
The film explores themes of climate change and up-close study of sharks and how they adapt to it.
- Tania Raymonde
- Nathaniel Buzolic
- Emerson Brooks
- Bren Foster
- Reina Aoi
- "Deep Blue Sea 3: Fight to the Death"
- "Sinking Sets and Sharks: Making Deep Blue Sea 3"
Early reviews for the film have been mostly positive. As of July 28, 2020, four reviews of the film have been collected at the review aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes, three positive, if not glowing. Additionally, the YouTube reviewer Rama's Screen also gave the film a positive review, saying he thought that he was "in for a torture session," but was nevertheless surprisingly enjoyable, if somewhat generic and a bit campy.
- ↑ "Shark Thriller DEEP BLUE SEA 3 Set For UK DVD Release on 24th August 2020". Horrorcult (July 21, 2020). Retrieved on July 21, 2020.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Deep Blue Sea 3: The Panel! Comic-Con@Home 2020". YouTube (July 24, 2020). Retrieved on July 24, 2020.
- ↑ "Deep Blue Sea 3 Blu-ray". Blu-ray.com. Retrieved on June 17, 2020.
- ↑ Deep Blue Sea 3 at Rotten Tomatoes
- ↑ "Movie Review: 'DEEP BLUE SEA 3'". Rama's Screen (July 23, 2020). Retrieved on July 24, 2020.