Friday the 13th is a cancelled horror film that was meant to be released on October 13, 2017, and was meant to be the 13th installment in the Friday the 13th franchise. Initially assumed to be a sequel to the 2009 Friday the 13th reboot, reports suggested that it would be a second reboot, rather than a direct sequel to its 2009 predecessor.
The film was in 2013 in development and was supposed to be released in 2015. Paramount had picked up the full rights to the franchise. Again the release date had been pushed back until early 2017. On February 6, 2017, the film was cancelled because of the poor box office performance of the horror film Rings, another Paramount sequel film.
- New Line had given the rights back to Paramount Pictures, with word that the studio was interested in bringing life back to the franchise.
- Producer Brad Fuller confirmed that the last script involved Camp Crystal Lake re-opening to the public and Jason would indeed be in a snow setting for a portion of the film.
- Despite interest from the producers to pursue a sequel, it seems that it wasn't enough move the project forward, as Platinum Dune's Brad Fuller was recently quoted saying that it's now "dead" and "not happening".
- It was rumored that the film would be in 3D.
- Originally aimed for an August 13th 2010 theatrical release.
- It's said that this sequel would not take any cues from previous F13 sequels and would offer a completely new storyline.
- It was previously said that the film will incorporate found footage and "answer the decades-old question of why slasher Jason Voorhees can't be killed." Apparently the found footage aspect had been dropped.
|Friday the 13th||Pages in this category are related to the Friday the 13th series.|
|Films • Characters • Cast • Images • Locations|