Halloween H20 is a 1998 horror film and the seventh installment in the Halloween series. The film takes place 20 years after Halloween II and completely ignores Halloween 3, 4, 5 and 6. In this film Laurie Strode is still alive and again faces her older brother Michael Myers.
The film features the return of Curtis's character from the first two Halloween films, Laurie Strode, now revealed to be living under the assumed name "Keri Tate". As Tate, Laurie has a seemingly perfect life with an intelligent son and a boyfriend, a great career (as a head mistress at a private boarding school in Northern California); however, Laurie is far from happy. The tragic events from 20 years previous still haunt her mind, and strongly take effect on her parental capabilities. To everyone, this is "just another Halloween," however Laurie still lives in constant fear.
But this year is different. To mark the 20th anniversary of the happenings of 1978, her psychotic brother, serial killer Michael Myers, appears, and starts killing off her co-workers and students one by one. And for the first time in two decades, they meet again. Laurie manages to escape, but instead of leaving, chooses to go back, in an attempt to restore her life, to the school to challenge Michael in a fight to the death. She finds him and attempts killing him several times. She finally pushes him off a balcony, causing him to apparently fall to his death, similar to the first film.
The police come and clean the mess and put Michael's corpse in a body bag, and in an ambulance. Laurie steals the ambulance with Michael's body in the back, but Michael is still alive and escapes the body bag, and again tries to kill her. She slams on the brakes, throwing him through the windshield. She then tries unsuccessfully to run him over. The vehicle tumbles down a cliff but she escapes, while Michael is trapped between it and a tree. He reaches out to her. She reaches for his hand, then pulls back. And while remembering everything he's done to her, she chops his head off with an axe, seemingly finally killing him. Michael's head then rolls down the hill.
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode/Keri Tate
- Chris Durand as Michael Myers
- Josh Harnett as John Tate
- Adam Arkin as Will Brennan
- Michelle Williams as Molly Cartwell
- Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Sarah Wainthrope
- Janet Leigh as Norma Watson
- Adam Hann-Byrd as Charlie Deveraux
- LL Cool J as Ronald "Ronny" Jones
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Jimmy Howell
- Nancy Stephens as Marion Chambers-Whittington
- Lisa Gay Hamilton as Shirley "Shirl" Jones
- Matt Winston as Matt Sampson
- Beau Billingslea as Detective Fitzsimmons
- Branden Williams as Tony Alegre
List of Deaths Edit
|Name||Cause of Death||Killer||On Screen||Notes|
|Dr. Samuel Loomis||Heart attack||N/A||No||Mentioned|
|Jimmy Howell||Ice skate in face||Michael Myers||No|
|Tony Allegre||Knifed in back||Michael Myers||No|
|Marion Whittington||Throat slit with kitchen knife||Michael Myers||Yes|
|Charles Deveraux||Throat slit with corkscrew||Michael Myers||No|
|Sarah Wainthrope||Knifed in leg, leg crushed by dropped dumpwaiter, knifed in back 4 times||Michael Myers||Yes|
|Will Brennan||Knifed in back||Michael Myers||Yes|
|Paramedic||Beheaded with axe||Michael Myers, Laurie Strode||Yes||Accident;Laurie thought this man was her brother, Michael|
- Halloween H20 also features the return of Nurse Marion Chambers-Wittington, who appeared in the first two films as an associate of Dr. Loomis. In Halloween, she was the nurse who drove with Loomis to the asylum when Myers made his escape, and she resumed her role in Halloween II.
- The original working title for the film was Halloween 7: The Revenge Of Laurie Strode. Due to this being a sequel to Halloween II, the title was, however, changed to Halloween: H20.
- In the next film, it is revealed that it was not Michael who was decapitated. If this was how his death was retconned, then that means it is possible for him to die by decapitation.
- Two people are watching Scream in this film. However, the Scream series takes place in a timeline, in which Halloween is a film.
- This film and Resurrection seem to take place in an alternate timeline from the previous three films, intended as another direct sequel to Halloween II.
- During the first three minutes of the credits, the theme song is heard and "What's This Life For" by hard rock band Creed is then heard following after the theme of the film.
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later at the Internet Movie Database
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later at AllMovie
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later at Rotten Tomatoes
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later at Wikipedia
|Halloween||Pages in this category are related to the Halloween series.|
|Films • Characters • Cast • Images|