- This page is about the original film. For the remake, see House on Haunted Hill (1999).
House on Haunted Hill is a 1959 American horror film directed by William Castle.The film was written by Robb White and stars Vincent Price and Carol Ohmart. Price plays an eccentric millionaire, Frederick Loren, who, along with his wife Annabelle, has invited five people to the house for a "haunted house" party. Whoever stays in the house for one night will earn $10,000. As the night progresses, the guests are trapped within the house with an assortment of terrors.
The film is in the public domain.
House on Haunted Hill is the tale of five people invited to saty the night in a haunted house, with the stipulation that all doors will be locked at midnight, allowing no accessible escape. Anyone who stays in the house for the entire night given that they are still alive, will each receive $10,000. It seems like a piece of cake, at least, until the ghosts arrive.
- Vincent Price - Frederick Loren
- Carolyn Craig - Nora Manning
- Richard Long - Lance Schroeder
- Elisha Cook - Watson Pritchard
- Carol Ohmart - Dr. David Trent
- Julie Mitchum - Ruth Bridgers
- Leona Anderson - Mrs. Slydes
- Howard Hoffman - Jonas Slydes
- House on Haunted Hill at Wikipedia
- House on Haunted Hill (1959) at the Internet Movie Database
- House on Haunted Hill (1959) at Rotten Tomatoes
- House on Haunted Hill (1959) at AllMovie
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at House on Haunted Hill. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|
As with Horror Film Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.