One Missed Call is a 2008 remake of the 2003 Japanese movie of the same name. It was directed by Eric Valette.
After the death of their friend Shelley, Leann Cole receives a voice mail from the future of the date and time when she would die. On the scheduled day, Leann sees weird things and in the precise informed hour, Leann is attacked by a supernatural force on a footbridge over a train station while talking to her friend Beth Raymond. Beth meets Leann's boyfriend Brian, who also received a call, and witnesses his death on the street. When her roommate Taylor Anthony receives a call, Beth befriends Det. Jack Andrews, who tells her that his sister was the first victim of the phone call. They decide to investigate the connections of Jack's sister and find the name of Marie Layton, who apparently abused of her daughters. Jack and Beth run against time trying to save Beth from her fate.
- Shannyn Sossamon as Beth Raymond
- Edward Burns as Jack Andrews
- Ana Claudia Talancón as Taylor Anthony
- Ray Wise as Ted Summers
- Azura Skye as Leann Cole
- Johnny Lewis as Brian Sousa
- Jason Beghe as Ray Purvis
- Margaret Cho as Mickey Lee
- Meagan Good as Shelley Baum
List of Deaths Edit
Critical Reception Edit
Out of 79 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, none of of them have been positive resulting in an abysmal 0% rating as of 2015. Rotten Tomatoes awarded the film the Moldy Tomato award for the worst reviewed film of 2008 as a result. In contrast, based on 14 votes, the movie holds a 24% rating on MetaCritic.
- Guillermo del Toro was offered the chance to direct, but turned it down to work on Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008).
- This movie was not screened for critics.
- While in preparation for the film, director Eric Valette never watched the original Japanese version One Missed Call (2003), and asked the actors not to watch it either.
- Every single character in this film is seen using a Boost Mobile flip phone.
- Shelley has a Japanese style home as seen in the opening scene of the film, a tribute to the original Japanese horror film, One Missed Call (2003).