Piranha, also known as Piranhas, is a remake of the movie Piranha (1978). It is a 1995 American horror film directed by Scott P. Levy about a school of killer/murderous piranha descending upon the bustling Lost River Lake Resort.
A private investigator, Maggie McNamara, is hired by wealthy resort owner J.R. Randolph to find his missing niece. During her search she and local resident Paul Grogan stumble upon a deserted Army research facility and unwittingly release genetically modified Piranha into the river created by Dr. Leticia Baines. Now they must do everything to stop them before it's too late.
- Alexandra Paul as Maggie McNamara
- William Katt as Paul Grogan
- Darlene Carr as Dr. Leticia Baines
- Soleil Moon Frye as Laura Dickinson
- James Karen as Governor
- Mila Kunis as Susie Grogan
- Kehli O'Byrne as Gina Green
- Richard Israel as Dave
- Kaz Garas as Sheriff
- Leland Orser as Terry Wechsler
- Ben Slack as Earl Lyon
- James E. Brodhead as Jack
- Monte Markham as J.R. Randolph
- Lorissa McComas as Barbara Randolph
Rather than shoot new special effects for the film, Roger Corman recycled the special effects from the original. The screenplay is nearly identical to that of the original, but removes all of the humor and comedy.