The Beetle is a 1919 British silent horror film directed by Alexander Butler and starring Maudie Dunham, Hebden Foster and Fred Morgan. It was based on the 1897 novel The Beetle by Richard Marsh.
The film is considered to be a lost film. Besides video no stills of the films can be found.
An Ancient Egyptian princess transforms herself into a beetle in order to seek revenge on a British Member of Parliament.
- Maudie Dunham as Dora Greyling
- Hebden Foster as Paul Lessingham
- Fred Morgan as Neces
- Frank Reade as Sidney Atherton
- Leal Douglas as High Priestess
- Rolf Leslie as Holt
- Nancy Kenyon as Marjorie Lindon