The Horror of Frankenstein is a 1970 British horror film by Hammer Film Productions that is both a semi-parody amd remake of the 1957 film The Curse of Frankenstein. it was produced and directed by Jimmy Sangster starring Ralph Bates, Kate O'Mara, Veronica Carlson and David Prowse as the monster The original music score was composed by Malcolm Williamson.
Victor Frankenstein a cold arrogant and womanizing genius is angry when his father forbids him to continue his anatomy experiments He ruthlessly murders his father by sabotaging the old man's shotgun consequently inheriting the title of Baron vo Frankenstein and famliy fortune He uses the money to enter medical school in Vienna but is forced to return home when he impregnates the daughter of the Dean.
Returning to his own castle he sets up a laboratory and series of experiments involving the revival of the dead He eventually builds a composite body from human parts which he then brings to life The creature goes on a homicidal rampage until it is accidentally destroyed when a vat where it has been hidden is flooded with acid.
- Ralph Bates as Baron Victor Frankenstein
- Kate O'Mara as as Alys
- Veronica Carlson as Elizabeth Heiss
- Dannis Price as The Graverobber
- Jon Finch as Lieutenat Henry Becker
- Bernard Archard as Professor Heiss
- Graham James as Wilhelm Kassner
- James Hayer as Bailiff
- Joan Rice as Graverobber's wife
- Stephen Turner as Stephen
- Neil Wilson as Schoolmaster
- James Cossins as Dean
- Glenys O'Brien as Maggie
- Geoffery Lumsden as Instructor
- Chirs Lethbridge-Baker as Priest
- Terry Duggan as First Bandit
- George Belbin as Baron Frankenstein
- Hal Jeayes as Woosman
- Hal Jeayes as Woodsman's Daughter
- Michael Goldie as Workman
- David Prowse as The Monster