In 2040, sixteen years after The Purge: Anarchy, Sergeant Leo Barnes (Frank Grillo) is now head of security for Senator and anti-purge presidential candidate, Charlene "Charlie" Roan (Elizabeth Mitchell). Her opposition against the Purge stems from her own experiences, as her family was killed in 2022, by sadists during the Purge. Although her standpoint makes her popular amongst voters, the New Founding Fathers see her as a danger that is best eliminated as quick as possible. And what better time than during the Purge. After pulling some strings, they manage to get the two of them outside, ready to be purged...
- Elizabeth Mitchell as Charlene "Charlie" Roan
- Frank Grillo as Sergeant Leo Barnes
- Edwin Hodge as Dante Bishop
- Kyle Secor as Minister Edwidge Owens
- Betty Gabriel as Laney Rucker / Le Pequene Muerte
- Myletti Willamson as Joe Dixon