Xtro II: The Second Encounter is a 1991 horror/science fiction film directed by Harry Bromley Davenport and starring Jan-Michael Vincent, Paul Koslo and Tara Buckman. This is the sequel to the 1982 film Xtro.
Scientists at a secret underground complex have found a way to travel to another dimension. Three dimension-travellers are the first to go through the gate - but are soon attacked by something that interrupts the communication with Earth. This horrible something uses the gate to travel back to the underground complex. Most of the staff are evacuated, except four heavily armed militaries and Dr. Casserly and Dr. Summerfield who just cannot stand each other.
- Jan-Michael Vincent as Dr. Ron Shepherd
- Paul Koslo as Dr. Alex Summerfield
- Tara Buckman as Dr. Julie Casserly
- Jano Frandsen as McShane
- Nicholas Lea as Baines
- W.F. Wadden as Jedburg
- Rolf Reynolds as Zunoski
The film has been released on DVD twice. The first DVD was released in 2005 as a double feature with the original. The second DVD was released in 2006 as a standalone release.
- Part Alien. Part Predator. All Terror.
- It feels nothing... it fears nothing... there is no escape.
- Director Harry Bromley Davenport has stated that he personally hates this film and only made it for money because somehow he retained the rights to the name Xtro.
- Director Harry Bromley Davenport has stated that he personally hates this film and only made it for money because somehow he retained the rights to the name Xtro. Davenport was then forced to feed every line to him while filming each scene.
- This sequel has nothing to do the original Xtro. This is because director Harry Bromley Davenport somehow retained the rights to the name Xtro but not the story rights. Needing money he enlisted writers to write a completely different film and only use the Xtro name to capitalize on the cult success of the original.